Failte B&B is committed to minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- We are using the bicycle for most business dealings in Oban.
- We actively promote recycling of glas, paper, tin, cans, plastic and household waste.
- We source our produce locally wherever we can and make our own jams,marmelade, granola and yoghurt.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to Failte Bed and Breakfast Oban.
- We supply fresh water in refillable glas bottles in our rooms.
- We minimise on packaging by not using portion packs.
- We use biodegradble cleaning products whereever we can.
- We provide cycle storage, information on walks and and cycle trips in and arround Oban