The 7 Best things to see and do in Oban
- McCaigs Tower is a prominent landmark in Oban and just a ten minute Walk from Failte Bed and Breakfast. From here you have spectacular views over Oban and across to Karrera, Mull and Lismore.
- Dunollie Castle is a a leisurely 25 minute walk from Failte B&B along the Corran Esplanade, past the War Memorial and then reaching Dunollie along the coastal walk. The castle, museum and grounds provide an exciting journey into the lives of the MacDougall Clan. From the ruin you can take in stunning views across Oban Bay.
- Oban Distillery is both one of the oldest but smallest distilleries in Scotland with just two pot stills. While staying at Failte B&B Oban, many of our guests enjoy the Oban Distillery tour. Oban Distillery provides a memorable, organized and informative tour.
- Dunstaffnage Castle is a 10 minute drive from Failte B+B. Here you find one of the oldest stone castle remains in Scotland. The castle was built on a massive rock overlooking the Firth of Lorn.
- Oban War & Peace Museum is a 10 minute downhill walk from Failte B and B. The rich cultural history of the busy port town and its people is displayed in an amazing collection of photographs and artefacts.
- Caledonian MacBrayne - Day Trips are offered from the ferry terminal in Oban which is only a 10 minute walk from Failte Bed and Breakfast. The most favourite trip with our guests is the three island tour which takes you to Mull, Staffa (other operator) and Iona. Lismore is a beautiful green island and Karrera with its magnificent Gylen Castle ruins are worth a visit or a hike.
- Oban Chocolate Co. is always a treat. If you like chocolate this is a must. You can enjoy a great hot chocolate, good coffee and delicious waffles while enjoying a stunning view over Oban Bay. They also sell a wide variety of hand made chocolates. Oban Chocolate Co. is only 10 to 12 minutes by foot from Failte B&B on the Corran Esplanade.